(Title in the works)

Hey all! I'm finally going back to writing stories again- this one is about a girl named Mellie who runs away, and meets Charlie, an adorable vagrant, and they eventually fall in love- but it isn't necessarily a love story. If you have any ideas for a title, I'd appreciate. Hope you enjoy this first chapter, I writing the second as we speak!



Chapter 1
My mom always said I had a wild streak in me, a spirit that made me unable to stay anywhere. And, seeing what I’m doing right now, I guess she was right (I hate that).

What I’m doing right now, by the way, is getting on the 6 a.m. bus to… well, wherever, to do, whatever. I didn’t plan that far, really. I don’t even know if they’ll let me on- all I have is one of those ancient Metro Tokens for the bus- do they take those anymore?

Oh well, too late too worry now, I guess. I make a quick double check of my inventory- mp3? Check. I had to take it with me- it reminded me of my “boyfriend” (ex now, I guess, seeing as I’m leaving and never coming back… oops. Maybe I should have said bye?), Chuck. Also, it had all my CDs anyways. He always was a mooch. Me taking his ipod is just him paying his dues.

Next… a little suitcase of Mom’s- her favorite, but she’s so scared of everything she’ll never go anywhere enough to use it. In it a few t-shirts (all of which belong to my sister- not anymore!), a few hundred bucks from my brother’s “secret” stash (honestly, the only thing secret about it is that he doesn’t know I know where it is), makeup (I’m not a “girly-girl” or whatever like my sisters, but I do enjoy not looking like total junk a lot) and some odds and ends. I’m good to go, I guess.

I swing my legs as I sit on the bench, sticky with some unidentifiable muck, and hope that my mousy hair and slightly ratty outfit are enough to stave away this dodgy-looking guy to my left, and keep me generally unnoticed. He looks like his hobbies include long walks on the beach, baking, and storing dismembered limbs in his basement, judging by that freaky glint in his eye as he looks at me. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all, huh?

****************************************************************************

So, there it is :) It's a little rough still, I know, but I've got big plans for this story and Mary! Again, ideas for title are muchly appreciated, and if you think something should be changed I'd appreciate that kind of criticism too :) . I'm done with the second chapter, going to post it.