The Pains of Being Pure At Heart

Heylo! I wrote a poem for English today... I wrote one first that was actually NOT an epic fail called We Will Become Silhouettes- after one of my favorite songs by The Postal Service (Death Cab for Cutie's Ben Gifford plus Jen from, er, another band I can't remember? Awesome!)- about music. Only to find that NOOOOO I had to write a "lemonade poem"- something showing the good and bad sides of something. My teacher gave me an outline for it. It's one of those ones that basically stifle creativity by telling you what to do on each line. BUT, I did what I could and am now presenting to you my poem! It's named after a band I found on a podcast, Indiefeed. Their song Come Saturday is great BTW.

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart: A Lemonade Poem

It was the best and worst of life- youth.

Condescension, Patronism, Saracasm, Sardoniscism, Deprecation-
All these tones that hurt you so, yet you don't know why-
Confusing.

Everything being new, magical, and amazing-
Exhilerating.

Laboring of a single letter of your name, rehearsing over and over, tongue poking out in concentration, bringing it to the kindergarten teacher so proudly, only to be chastised, "No tails!"-
Frustrating.

Feeling so grown up when you accomplish something on your own-
Liberating.

The pains and pleasures of being pure at heart are
the best and worst of youth.


(P.S. Sorry the top thingy was longer! xD)